Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Great day training

Well, today we had a light rain early and it was overcast and cool most of the morning. We roaded dogs early - and ran 4 groups of dogs.

Our first group had many pheasant finds - Kane had 6 broke finds, and 8 or 10 honors. All with manners appropriate to a mature, broke dog.

Doc - Had a great run, a derby broke find and two more points on running pheasants - His owner Kevin was grinning from ear to ear watching his little guy run this morning.

Bess - Ran by herself but had a flash point on a group of birds. Race was appropriate for her limited amount of horseback handling.

Tucker - Ran hard, well applied race, worked the wind great and had 6 pheasant contacts over the hour he was on the ground.

Keith - Posting from Under the Rusty Windmill

1 comment:

  1. Keith - Made it back through the fog (I left at 3:30 your time and pulled up here at 4:30). I just wanted to thank you and Daniel for putting me up(or putting up with me) the past few days. Pleases tell Jim, Mike G, Mike E, and Don that I appreciate all the help they provided me and I feel bad about leaving without telling everyone goodbye. I wish everyone the best of luck.

    PS. I really enjoyed my days "Under the Rusty Windmill".

    ReplyDelete