Friday, November 20, 2009

Its field trial season

I just got back from judging the Region 8 Amatuer All Age Championship. We saw some good dogs and I had a great time.

Champion - Resters Pro Line O/H Cecil Rester
Runner Up - Barnhills Jake O/H Jim Michaletz

I stayed on after the championship to run some dogs. I ran Misty Valleys Marvel (Chewy) in the Open Derby and although I was pleased with his performance it was not quite good enough to place.

In the Open All Age Classic (A National Championship Qualifier) I ran Blizzards Bomberstone Diva - She was not performing up to standards and I elected to pick up at 30 min.

This was a major step up for our program - I was running against a who's who of major all age championship quality dogs including at least 7 dogs that were at Ames Plantation in 2009

It was great fun overall.

The previous weekend I ran in the Texas Coastal Brittany Club trial at Wortham, TX. I placed Maggie 1st in the Open Derby and Cullen 3rd in the Open Derby. This was the exact opposite of the last time we ran them. This weekend I am running 6 dogs in a trial at West Point, TX.

So, far it has been a great year for the program.

Keith - Posting from Under the Live Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment